Publications († indicates co-first author, * corresponding author)
52. Y. Liu, C. Linag, J. Wu*, P. M Ajayan* et al., Reflux pretreatment-mediated sonication: A new universal route to obtain 2D quantum dots, Materials Today, doi.org/10.1016/j.mattod.2018.06.007.
51. Liu, Y. Yang, J. Wu, M. Liu, S. Zhou, B. Levin, X. Zhou, H. Cong, D. A. Muller, P. M. Ajayan, H. D. Abruña, F. S. Ke, Dynamic Hosts for High Performance Li-S Batteries Studied by Cryo-TEM and In Situ XRD, ACS Energy Letters, 2018, 3, 1325–1330.
50. Liang, B. Kim, S. Yang, Y. Liu, C. Woellner, Z. Li, R. Vajtai, W. Yang, J. Wu*, P. J. A. Kenis*, P. M Ajayan*, High efficiency electrochemical reduction of CO2 beyond two-electron transfer pathway on grain boundary rich ultra-small SnO2 nanoparticles, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2018, 6, 10313-10319 .
49. Zhang†, S. Yang†, J. Wu†, M. Liu, S. Yazdi, M. Ren, J. Sha, J. Zhong, K. Nie, A. S. Jalilov, Z. Li, H. Li B. I. Yakobson Q. Wu, E. Ringe, H. Xu, P. M. Ajayan, J. M. Tour, Electrochemical CO2 Reduction with Atomic Iron‐Dispersed on Nitrogen‐Doped Graphene, Advanced Energy Materials, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/aenm.201703487.
48. J Yi, X She, Y Song, M Mao, K Xia, Y Xu, Z Mo, J Wu, H Xu, H Li, Solvothermal synthesis of metallic 1T-WS2: A supporting co-catalyst on carbon nitride nanosheets toward photocatalytic hydrogen evolution, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2018, 335, 282-289.
47. H. Xu, J. Yi, X. She, Q. Liu, L. Song, S. Chen, Y. Yang, Y. Song, R. Vajtai, J. Lou, H. Li, S. Yuan, J. Wu*, P. M Ajayan*, 2D Heterostructure Comprised of Metallic 1T-MoS2/Monolayer O-g-C3N4 towards Efficient Photocatalytic Hydrogen Evolution, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2018, 220, 379-385.
46. Yan Wang, Yang Liu,,Jianfang Zhang,*Jingjie Wu*,†Hui Xu,4Xiewen Wen, Xiang Zhang, Chandra Sekhar Tiwary, Wei Yang, Robert Vajtai, Yong Zhang, Nitin Chopra, Ihab Nizar Oden, Yucheng Wu*, Pulickel M. Ajayan*, Cryo-mediated exfoliation and fracturing of layered materials into 2D quantum dots, Science Advances, 2017, 3, 12.
45. Liu, C. Liang, J. Wu*, W. Yang, P. M. Ajayan*, Atomic Layered Titanium Sulfide Quantum Dots as Electrocatalysts for Enhanced Hydrogen Evolution Reaction, Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2017, .
Before Joining University of Cincinnati
- Zhang, J. Wu, H. Guo, W. Chen, J. Yuan, U. Martinez, G. Gupta, A. Mohite, P. M. Ajayan and J. Lou, Unveiling Active Sites for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction on Monolayer MoS2, Advanced Materials, 2017, 10.1002/adma.201701955.
- Qu, N. Wang, H. Xu, W. Wang, Y. Liu, L. Kuo, T. P. Yadav, J. Wu, J. Joyner, Y. Song, H. Li, J. Lou, R. Vajtai, P. M Ajayan, Gold Nanoparticles and g-C3N4 Intercalated Graphene Oxide Membrane for Recyclable Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering, Advanced Functional Materials, 2017, DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201701714.
- J. Varma, J. Kumar, Y. Liu, K. Layne, J. Wu, C. Liang, Y. Nakanishi, A. Aliyan, W. Yang, P. M. Ajayan; J. Thomas, 2D TiS2 layers: A superior nonlinear optical limiting material, Advanced Optical Materials, 2017, 10.1002/adom.201700713.
- Zou, M. Liu, J. Wu, P. M Ajayan, J. Li, B. Liu, B. I Yakobson, How the nitrogen-doped graphene quantum dots catalyze electroreduction of CO2 to hydrocarbons and oxygenates, ACS Catalysis, 2017, 7, 6245–6250.
- Liu†, J. Wu†, K. P Hackenberg†, J. Zhang, Y M. Wang, Y. Yang, K. Keyshar, J. Gu, T. Ogitsu, R. Vajtai, J. Lou, P. M Ajayan, B. C. Wood, B. I Yakobson, Self-optimizing layered hydrogen evolution catalyst with high basal-plane activity, Nature Energy, 2017, 6, 17127.
- Wu†, C. Wen†, X. Zou, N. Chopra, I. Odeh, J. Lauterbach, P. M. Ajayan, Carbon Dioxide Hydrogenation over a Metal-Free Carbon Based Catalyst, ACS Catalysis, 2017, 7, 4497-4503.
- Zhang, Y. Wang, J. Wu, X. Shu, C. Yu, J. Cui, Y. Qin, Y. Zhang, P. M. Ajayan, Y. Wu, Remarkable supercapacitive performance of TiO2 nanotube arrays by introduction of oxygen vacancies, Chemical Engineering Journal, 2017, 33, 1071-1081.
- Yan, M. F. Rodrigues, H. Li, H. Xu, J. Wu, Y. Xu, Y. Song, Y. Liu, H. Li, P. M. Ajayan, Reversible Formation of g-C3N4 3D-hydrogels through Ionic Liquid Activation, Advanced Functional Materials, 2017, DOI: 10.1002/adfm.201700653.
- She†, J. Wu†, H. Xu, J. Zhong, Y. Wang, Y. Song, K. Nie, Y. Liu, Y. Yang, M. F. Rodrigues, R. Vajtai, J. Lou, D. Du, H. Li 1and P. M. Ajayan, Promoting Quantum Efficiency of Visible Light Photocatalytic Water Splitting over alpha-Fe2O3 Nanosheet/2D g-C3N4 Z-Scheme Structure, Advanced Energy Materials, 2017, DOI: 10.1002/aenm.201700025.
- Wu†, L. Ma†, A. Samanta, M. Liu, B. Li, Y. Yang, J. Yuan, J. Zhang, Y. Gong, J. Lou, R. Vajtai, A. Singh, C. Tiwary, P. M. Ajayan, Growth of Molybdenum Carbide-Graphene Hybrids from Molybdenum Disulfide Atomic Layer Template, Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2017, DOI: 10.1002/admi.201600866.
- Ke†, P. P. Sharma†, J. Wu†, C. J. Wright, Y. Wu, H. Deng, J. Qiao, and X. D. Zhou, Selective Formation of C2 Products from the Electrochemical Conversion of CO2 on CuO-derived Copper Electrodes Comprised of Nanoporous Ribbon Arrays, Catalysis Today, 2017, 288, 18-23.
- Wu, S. Ma, J. Sun, J. I. Gold, C. Tiwary, N. Chopra, I. N. Odeh, R. Vajtai1, A. Z. Yu, R. Luo, J. Lou, G. Ding, P. J. A. Kenis, P. M. Ajayan, A Metal-Free Electrocatalyst for Carbon Dioxide Reduction to Multi-Carbon Hydrocarbons and Oxygenates, Nature Communications, 2016, 7, 13869.
- She, J. Wu, H. Xu, Z. Mo, J. Lian, Y. Song, L. Liu, D. Du, H. Li, Enhancing Charge Density and Steering Charge Unidirectional Flow in 2D Non-metallic Semiconductor-CNTs-Metal Coupled Photocatalyst for Solar Energy Conversion, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 2017, 2, 112-117.
- Shen, J. Wu, M. Wang, Y. Ge, P. Dong, R. Baines, G. Brunetto, L. D. Machado, P. M. Ajayan, M. Ye, Insight into In Situ Amphiphilic Functionalization of Few-Layered Transition Metal Dichalcogenide Nanosheets. Advanced Materials, 2016, 28, 8469-8476.
- Wu, Z. Hu, Z. Jin, S. Lei, H. Guo, K. Chatterjee, J. Zhang, Y. Yang, B. Li, Y. Liu, J. Lai, R. Vajtai, B. Yakobson, M. Tang, J. Lou, P. M. Ajayan, Spiral Growth of SnSe2 Crystals by Chemical Vapor Deposition. Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2016, 3, 1600383.
- She†, J. Wu†, J. Zhong, H. Xu, Y. Yang, R. Vajtai, J. Lou, Y. Liu, D. Du, H. Li, P. M Ajayan, Oxygenated Monolayer Carbon Nitride for Excellent Photocatalytic Hydrogen Evolution and External Quantum Efficiency. Nano Energy, 2016, 27, 138-146.
- Wu, S. G. Sun, X. D. Zhou, Origin of the Performance Degradation and Implementation of Stable Tin Electrodes for the Conversion of CO2 to Fuels. Nano Energy, 2016, 27, 225-229.
- (Invited) Wu, X. D. Zhou, Catalytic conversion of CO2 to value added fuels: Current status, challenges, and future directions. Chinese Journal of Catalysis, 2016, 37, 999-1015.
- Shen, J. Wu, L. Pei, M. F. Rodrigues, Z. Zhang, F. Zhang, X. Zhang, P. M. Ajayan, M. Ye. CoNi2S4-graphene-2D-MoSe2 as an advanced electrode material for supercapacitors. Advanced Energy Materials, 2016, doi: 10.1002/aenm.201600341.
- Shen, J. Wu, P. Dong, J. Xu, X. Li, X. Zhang, X. Wang, M. Ye, R. Vajtai, J. Lou and P. M. Ajayan, Surface Tension Components Based Selection of Cosolvents for Efficient Liquid Phase Exfoliation of 2D Materials, Small, 2016, 12, 2741-2749.
- Wu, M. F. Rodrigues, R. Vajtai and P. M. Ajayan, Tuning Electrochemical Reactivity of Boron and Nitrogen Substituted Graphene. Advanced Materials, 2016, 28, 6239-6246.
- Wu, M. Liu, K. Chatterjee, K. P Hackenberg, J. Shen, X. Zou, Y. Yan, J. Gu, Y. Yang, J. Lou, P. M Ajayan, Exfoliated 2D Transition Metal Disulfides for Enhanced Electrocatalysis of Oxygen Evolution Reaction in Acidic Medium. Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2016, 3, 150069.
- Liu, C. Liang, J. Wu, R. Bao, G. Qi, Y. Wang, W. Yang, B. Xie, M. Yang, Solvent-controlled formation of a reduced graphite oxide gel via hydrogen bonding, RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 27267-27271.
- Wang, B. Wei, P. Dong, Q. Miao, Z. Liu, F. Xu, J. Wu, J. Lou, R. Vajtai, W. Fei, Large-scale synthesis of few-layer graphene from magnesium and different carbon sources and its application in dye-sensitized solar cells, Materials & Design, 2016, 92, 462-470.
- Wu†, M. Liu†, P. P Sharma, R. Manohar Yadav, L. Ma, Y. Yang, X. Zou, X. D. Zhou, R. Vajtai, B. I Yakobson, J. Lou, P. M Ajayan, Incorporation of Nitrogen Defects for Efficient Reduction of CO2 via Two-Electron Pathway on Three-Dimensional Graphene Foam. Nano Letters, 2015, 16, 466-470.
- Liang, Y. Yang, J. Zhang, J. Wu, P. Dong, J. Yuan, G. Zhang, Jun Lou, Metal diselenide nanoparticles as highly active and stable electrocatalysts for the hydrogen evolution reaction. Nanoscale, 2015, 7, 14813-14816.
- Yao, B. Liu, S. Ozden, J. Wu, S. Yang, M. F Rodrigues, K. Kalaga, P. Dong, P. Xiao, Y. Zhang, R. Vajtai, P. M Ajayan. 3D Nanostructured Molybdenum Diselenide/Graphene Foam as Anodes for Long-Cycle Life Lithium-ion Batteries. Electrochim. Acta, 2015, 176, 103-111.
- Shen, Y. He, J. Wu, C. Gao, K. Keyshar, X. Zhang, Y. Yang, M. Ye, R. Vajtai, J. Lou, P. M Ajayan. Liquid Phase Exfoliation of Two-Dimensional Materials by Directly Probing and Matching Surface Tension Components. Nano Letters, 2015, 15, 5449-5454.
- P Sharma†, J. Wu†, R. Manohar Yadav†, M. Liu, C. J Wright, C. S. Tiwary, B. I Yakobson, J. Lou, P. M Ajayan, X. D. Zhou, Nitrogen‐Doped Carbon Nanotube Arrays for High‐Efficiency Electrochemical Reduction of CO2: On the Understanding of Defects, Defect Density, and Selectivity, Angewandte Chemie, 2015, 127, 13905-13909.
- Yuan†, J. Wu†, W. Hardy, P. Loya, M. Lou, Y. Yang, S. Najmaei, M. Jiang, F. Qin, K. Keyshar, H. Ji, W. Gao, J. Bao, J. Kono, D. Natelson, P. M Ajayan, J. Lou, Facile Synthesis of Single Crystal Vanadium Disulfide Nanosheets by Chemical Vapor Deposition for Efficient Hydrogen Evolution Reaction. Advanced Materials, 2015, 27, 5605-5609.
- Wu, R. Manohar Yadav, M. Liu, P. P. Sharma, C. Sekhar Tiwary, L. Ma, X. Zou, X. D. Zhou, B. I Yakobson, J. Lou, P. M Ajayan, Achieving Highly Efficient, Selective and Stable CO2 Reduction on Nitrogen Doped Carbon Nanotubes. ACS Nano, 2015, 9, 5364–5371.
- Manohar Yadav†, J. Wu†, R. Kochandra, L. Ma, C. Sekhar Tiwary, L. Ge, G. Ye, R. Vajtai, J. Lou, P. M. Ajayan, Carbon Nitrogen Nanotubes as Efficient Bifunctional Electrocatalysts for Oxygen Reduction and Evolution Reactions. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2015, 7, 11991–12000.
- Wu, L. Ma, R. Manohar Yadav, Y. Yang, X. Zhang, R. Vajtai, J. Lou, P. M. Ajayan, Nitrogen-Doped Graphene with Pyridinic Dominance as a Highly Active and Stable Electrocatalyst for Oxygen Reduction, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2015, 7, 14763-14769.
- Dong, Y. Zhu, J. Zhang, F. Hao, J. Wu, S. Lei, H. Lin, R. H. Hauge, J. M. Tour and J. Lou, Vertically Aligned Carbon Nanotubes/Graphene Hybrid Electrode as a TCO- and Pt-Free Flexible Cathode for Application in Solar Cells. J. Mat. Chem. A, 2014, 2, 20902–20907.
- Wu, F. G. Risalvato, F. Ke, X. D. Zhou, Electrochemical reduction of carbon dioxide: III. The role of oxide scale on the electrocatalytic activity of Sn nanoparticles. J. Mat. Chem. A., 2014, 2, 1647-1651.
- Wu, P. Sharma, B. Harris, X. D. Zhou, Electrochemical reduction of carbon dioxide: IV. Dependence of the Faradaic efficiency and current density on the microstructure and thickness of tin electrode. J. Power Sources, 2014, 258, 189-194.
- Wu, F. G. Risalvato, P. Sharma, F. Ke, P. Pellechia, X. D. Zhou, Electrochemical reduction of carbon dioxide: II. Design, assembly and performance of low temperature full electrochemical cells. J. Electrochem. Soc., 2013, 160, F953-F957.
- Wu, B. Harris, P. P. Sharma, X. D. Zhou. Morphological stability of Sn electrode for electrochemical conversion of CO2. ECS Transactions, 2013, 58, 71-80.
- Wu, F. G. Risalvato, F. Ke, P. Pellechia, X. D. Zhou, Electrochemical reduction of carbon dioxide: I. Effect of electrolyte on the selectivity and activity of CO2 reduction on Sn electrode. J. Electrochem. Soc., 2012, 159, F353-F359.
- Wu, F. Xia, M. Pan, X. D. Zhou, Oxygen reduction reaction on active and stable Pt/TiSi2 electrocatalysts. J. Electrochem. Soc., 2012, 159, B654-B660.
Wu, F. Risalvato, X. D. Zhou, Effects of the Electrolyte on Electrochemical Reduction of CO2 on Sn Electrode. ECS Transaction, 2012, 41, 49-60.
- Wu, H. Tang, M. Pan, Z. Wan and W. Ma, Novel methanol electro-oxidation catalyst assisting with functional phthalocyanine supports. Electrochim. Acta, 2009, 54, 1473-1477.
- Ma, J. Wu, C. Shen, H. Tang, M. Pan, Nickel phthalocyanine-tetrasulfonic acid as a promoter of methanol electro-oxidation on Pt/C catalyst. J Appl. Electrochem., 2008, 38, 875–879.
- Kang, W. Ma, J. Wu, M. Pan, A novel catalyst Pt@NiPcTs/C: Synthesis, structural and electro-oxidation for methanol. Catal. Commun., 2009, 10, 1271-1274.